These things happened in 2006, nine years ago:
- Twelve coal miners died in the Sago Mine Disaster near Buckhannon, West Virginia
- A stampede during the Stoning of the devil ritual on the last day at the Hajj in Mina, Saudi Arabia, killed 362 Muslim pilgrims.
- Several European newspapers reprinted controversial cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad, sparking outrage and rioting
- Saddam Hussein was found guilty of crimes against humanity and sentenced to death by hanging
- Zacarias Moussaoui was convicted of conspiring to kill Americans as part of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks
- Over 160 people were killed on July 11th by seven bombs on the train network in Mumbai India
- President Bush acknowledged secret CIA prisons around the world outside of US legal jurisdiction.
- The St. Louis Cardinals won the World Series
- Italy won the World Cup in Germany defeating France
- The Carolina Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup
- The Pittsburgh Steelers won the Super Bowl
- Somebody won the NBA Championship. Probably either the Lakers or the Celtics. Who cares?
- And on June 18th, I posted the first entry in this very blog
|"Psst, whaddya got in a nice Amethyst?"|
Point being, I've been doing this a long time. This is the Bowhead Whale of blogs! Do I deserve some kind of longevity award? I don't know. Probably?